Ok, nothing to report other than what the title suggests. I just want to make sure this posts and sticks from within China's borders. We're here at the gorgeous Garden Hotel tonight (where we will also come back to next week to stay for our last week). We fly out to Lanzhou at 11am tomorrow, arriving at 4pm. Remember my story about yesterday's bus driver? The Chinese fly their planes the same way. Pray for my heart palpitations to be mild and for the pilot to understand my English should I need to report any technical problems to him.
Oh, while I'm here, there is something critical I forgot to mention yesterday. I saw this sign at the Peak Tram station and nearly died of embarrassment. One of the world's most famous attractions actually boasts this sign (and restaurant):
Is this the best the world can borrow from the US? Please say no.
Also for those of you emailed me that you can't comment, I think it's because you need a Google, Blogger, or WordPress account. It's ok if you don't get around to it. I totally understand (that you are now dead to me). ;)
See you in Lanzhou! Only 2 more sleeps Tallulah Mei!
We are a fellow WACAP family who will hopefully travel sometime in May to bring our 4.5 year old Pingliang cutie home :-) Thank you for sharing the link to your blog on the FB group... I look forward to following your journey!!! Leslie
ReplyDeleteSorry I'm just now saying hi. I tried to post the first day and then deleted my lengthy, heartfelt (it really was) message when I realized I needed to setup another email account. I'm just not smart enough to recall what I wrote twice, but you already know that. Loving all your pics! So good to know everyone's having a good time trains, planes, trams and buses aside. On the restaurant sign, I think they got more wrong than the slang. Shouldn't it say Buddha Gump instead of Bubba? Bubbas live here. I know many personally. :) Safe travels to Lanzhou! Can't wait to see Tallulah with you all!!!!
ReplyDeleteI'll write more soon. Headed to Maddie's school to watch and help her present International Women's Day to her class. I'll share a link on FB tomorrow. Remind Nathan it's tomorrow the 8th!
Xoxo
ReplyDelete